14.4g fat of which saturates 2.4g
23.2g carbohydrate of which sugars 3.3g
(Main recipe only – doesn’t include extras or drink)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Large pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Large pinch of mustard powder
- Large pinch of black pepper
- 1 slice of pepper, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3cm piece of cucumber, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp canned mixed beans in water, drained
- ½ x 160g can of tuna in spring water, drained
- To serve: 1 thick slice of wholemeal bread and lower-fat spread
- Complete your lunchbox with:
- A satsuma
- Slice of malt loaf
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
1 Mix the oil, lemon juice, mixed herbs, mustard powder and black pepper.
2 Add to the salad vegetables, beans and tuna and mix gently.
Double the recipe to use the rest of the can of tuna and save for the next day.
3 Serve with the bread and lower-fat spread.
This would also work well with cold pasta as a pasta salad, instead of serving with bread.
If you enjoyed making this recipe and would like to share your success with others we’d love to hear from you