5.9g fat of which saturates 2.6g
37.1g carbohydrate of which sugars 4.2g
(Main recipe only – doesn’t include extras or drink)
- 2 thick slices of wholemeal bread
- 2 tbsp medium-fat soft cheese
- 3cm piece of cucumber, finely chopped
- 20g celery (about ⅔ of a stick), finely chopped
- Small wedge of lettuce, to give 2 tbsp when shredded
- Pinch of black pepper or paprika, optional
- Complete your lunchbox with:
- An apple
- Fruit teacake
- Small bottle of water
1 Spread both slices of bread with the cheese.
Spreading the cheese on both slices of the bread – and patting the salad dry – helps prevent a soggy sandwich!
2 Pat the salad dry and use to fill the sandwich, sprinkling with pepper or paprika if using.
Try other salad vegetables, or even some pineapple.
If you enjoyed making this recipe and would like to share your success with others we’d love to hear from you