11.0g fat of which saturates 1.9g
40.2g carbohydrate of which sugars 4.4g
(Main recipe only – doesn’t include extras or drink)
- 1 wholemeal bagel
- Small can (105g) or half a large can of pink salmon
- 1 level tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- Large pinch of black pepper
- 4 slices of cucumber
- Small wedge of lettuce, to give 2 tbsp when shredded
- Complete your lunchbox with:
- Handful of grapes (about 12)
- 1 plain rice cake
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
1 Cut the bagel in half, toast and leave to cool.
2 Drain the salmon and remove the bones. Mix with the mayonnaise and pepper.
The fish bones in tinned salmon are edible and contain calcium, but remove them if you doesn’t like the texture.
3 Spread the mixture on one half of the bagel, add the cucumber and lettuce and then top with the other half of the bagel.
Prepare the salmon mixture the night before and keep in the fridge to save time in the morning.
If you enjoyed making this recipe and would like to share your success with others we’d love to hear from you