15.6g fat of which saturates 2.8g
57.1g carbohydrate of which sugars 8.5g
(Main recipe only – doesn’t include extras or drink)
- 2 heaped tbsp tinned chickpeas
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp low-fat Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp paprika (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- 1 large wholemeal pitta bread, cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 stick of celery, cut into sticks
- Complete your lunchbox with:
- Sugar-free jelly pot
- Small bottle of water
1 Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, yoghurt, oil, spices and garlic in a bowl.
2 Using a hand blender, mix together until smooth.
Make the hummus the previous evening and store in the fridge. As well as saving time, the flavours will have time to develop.
3 Serve with the pitta bread strips and carrot and celery sticks.
If you enjoyed making this recipe and would like to share your success with others we’d love to hear from you