(per serving – 1/4 recipe)
1100kJ / 263kcal
35g carbohydrate of which 6g sugars
6.5g fat of which 1g saturates
478mg sodium equivalent to 1.1g salt
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cooked beetroot (vacuum packed), grated
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 8 tsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 handful mixed salad leaves
- 4 slices lean roast beef (fat trimmed off)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
1 In a bowl, mix together the carrot, beetroot, 1 cooked beetroot (vacuum packed), grated and red onion with the vinegar. Season with black pepper.
2 Spread each slice of bread with 1 tsp mayonnaise, then top 4 of them with the lettuce leaves and the roast beef. Share the salad between them, then sandwich together with the remaining slices of bread. Cut in half and serve at once, or wrap and keep cool to serve later.
You could also use lean roast pork or ham instead of beef.
If you enjoyed making this recipe and would like to share your success with others we’d love to hear from you